Homemade vegan cookie dough cream from white beans is a dream come true! Especially for a health-conscious mom. This was made with homemade chocolate chips.
Was gone in seconds! Really popular at our household. I make it every week now.
So easy! Adopted from Chocolate-covered Katie
- White beans, canned or 1 ½ c dry (soaked and cooked)
- 1 c dates, pre-soaked 8 hours and pitted
- 6 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Atlantic salt (just a sprinkle)
- Vanilla extract (1 tbsp)
- Cinnamon (¼ tsp)
- Baking soda (½ tsp)
- Strain water from beans and dates, throw everything into the blender and blend! Add vegetable milk or water ONLY if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Add homemade (or store-bought) chocolate chips.
Here’s how to make those:
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted on low fire)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle of Atlantic salt
- 6 tbsp date or maple syrup. Optional: replace each tbsp with a drop of stevia extract
- 8 tbsp of good-quality cocoa powder (raw and natural is best)
Blend all ingredients in a bowl, pour in a shallow plate or a glass or plastic cover from a food container (best not to use plastic as not healthy for freezing), place in the freezer for a few hours and cut with a knife to make chocolate chips. Mix with the dough!
Happy clean eating!