How do you make your heart happy? With sweet, succulent, mouthwatering berries! I have to admit, I love fruit, but when I'm lazy and just want a snack, berries are the perfect solution - they can be pulled out and popped in your mouth in a second.
Here's a great recipe I came up with last spring after a day out berry-picking with the girls. Healthy and heart-happy. Can be used as a main dish or dessert, depending on what it's served with or how sweet it comes out.
- Grain of choice (wheat berries, quinoa, barley, etc)
- Berries of choice (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, etc)
- Sweetener such as date syrup, only if needed (more for tart berries)
- Prepare the grains as you normally would by soaking and/or cooking.
- Add berries while the grains are still warm.
- Shape into heart on a pretty plate, garnish with mint, and serve to your loved ones.
Happy Healthy Heart Day!